1.03.2010

On my mind, in my head, through my hands, my eyes, to yours

I drew these on my new Bamboo drawing tablet that I got for Christmas from Caitlin (awesome fun!).  Some, such as the first one were drawn more deliberately and from a reference photo I took.  I plan to make this into a painting so am working out the details.  The others I sketched from my mind and some with the aid of photo references to convey what's in my head.  

I have been having strong feelings for the homeless lately and instead of the usual avoidance, have actually been taking a good look at them lately.  I think it all started with the woman I had a discussion with at the bus depot in Boston that I wrote a blog about back in December 2008 (Time).  She is the subject of the head portrait near the bottom, a face I have not gotten out of my head.

The homeless are people just like us.  They could one day be us.  We could one day be them.


 























No comments:

Post a Comment