1.05.2010

Observations of the Disregarded #1, Part 3




This is a painting I am doing in layers of glazes.  Since I started with a blue base coat, I am doing my blue layer.  I would normally have a black and white layer and then add color to that, but this time will begin with a blue and white layer.   


I am enjoying this painting.  I think the thing that drew me to this subject is that his hair seemed to be singing and dancing to the music he was creating on his flute.  I'm not so certain he was a homeless person as much as just being a free spirit sitting on front stoop, but there was a sadness in his melody.  He seemed to be hiding and yet at the same time trying to tell the world his story.  The old door he sat in front of as well as his beard gave him a timeless quality.  I also like that he somehow reminds me of God.


Now on to more color after this layer dries!

No comments:

Post a Comment