2.13.2013

It has been almost a year since I last posted on here (things have changed here in the blogosphere and how it all works!)

Since my last posting, I discovered 99designs (dot com) a place that artists around the world compete to "win" logo and other art designs that clients bid on, I have competed in hundreds of contests on the site, have gone to the finals of many and have won a few. I have even developed a couple working relationships with clients beyond 99 Designs. One is a cosmetics company that I am working with right now (more later)! Meanwhile, I have not painted anything and truly have missed it....

I started a painting last week... it is a painting of the woods nearby our home at this time. It is from a photo I took in late fall... so it is kind of barebones and austere. On one side, the forest is in shadows, the other side is in light.... I want the painting to have a lot of meaning, and say a lot by saying nothing....

 but as I paint it...

all I am seeing is paint globs.


2 comments: