I often have the same reaction when I see snow here - especially a heavy, wet snow that is more challenging to shovel. Yet, like you, it is often a short-lived feeling before the awe of the beauty of the snowfall - especially on pine trees - becomes what carries me through the day. The other times I really like snow is when the sun shines on it and it looks like there are diamonds - millions of them - all on the top of the snow.
I see you're in New Hampshire. My daughters and I took a trip to New England in September (we homeschool and didn't know much about that area, so we wanted to see first-hand what it looked like). New Hampshire and Vermont are two states that we definitely want to return to - such amazing, natural beauty throughout both states!
I had a run-on thought this morning. I've been having a lot of those lately, and they usually end with a "huh". Here's mine today: We all live… in our tiny homes, in our tiny worlds bustling like teensy ants on our tiny planet… and if by chance our tiny paths cross from thousands of miles away, we recognize our tiny-ness and if we get a glimpse of what is beyond ourselves throughout the universe, we recognize our tiny-ness, if we dare imagine a God far bigger than any god man has created, we recognize more than just our tiny-ness... we become infinitesimal. So then most of us don't dare or care to think that deeply. Instead, we vainly try to build each other up, to become bigger people. Then we knock each other down to keep each other from getting too big. We build ourselves up to stand above the rest. Then, we loftily try to take a servants bow and put others first, but in our subservient humbling grow even larger in our own minds. Soon we are looming as gre...
18 x 24" acrylic ("Why is it I always seem to choose the wrong road?!") ---------------- I did this painting in a series of glazes. Below is the progression. I started with a monochrome underpainting using Paynes grey, black and white. Then I added a blue glaze where appropriate... a yellow glaze... and a red glaze... Lastly I added detail and a touch of green to the turtles as seen in the top image.
It's so lovely to let the inner child out. Enjoy the beautiful snow. :)
ReplyDeleteI often have the same reaction when I see snow here - especially a heavy, wet snow that is more challenging to shovel. Yet, like you, it is often a short-lived feeling before the awe of the beauty of the snowfall - especially on pine trees - becomes what carries me through the day. The other times I really like snow is when the sun shines on it and it looks like there are diamonds - millions of them - all on the top of the snow.
ReplyDeleteI see you're in New Hampshire. My daughters and I took a trip to New England in September (we homeschool and didn't know much about that area, so we wanted to see first-hand what it looked like). New Hampshire and Vermont are two states that we definitely want to return to - such amazing, natural beauty throughout both states!