1.28.2010

I've got a new medium!!

"Caitlin"
Digital Painting

Caitlin gave me Bamboo pen and touch tablet for my computer this past Christmas.   At first I was just sketching on it and having fun.  Last night I decided to try "painting" with it.  This is what I created, looking at a photograph of Caitlin, not a manipulated photo image, paying homage to her for giving me such a cool gift.  :-)

This is awesome - no mess, no cleanup.  I am getting used to the sensitivity of the touch, to vary the shading, the size of the stroke, etc.  like painting with actual paints!  In Photoshop I have several brushes to choose from and unlimited colors.  And with my archival printer, I have found a new love!

(PS to all - ie: Mom & Dad - post comments once in a while - then maybe I will post more often! ;D )

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful portrait of beautiful Caitlin. We are still unsure of how the bamboo pen works!!

    ReplyDelete