4.29.2009

I Saw Myself Today




I saw myself today. Three little-ones in tow, one on each hand, one in a front carrier, all under the age of four. I smiled at myself as I allowed myself to pass by, across the busy parking lot, and smiled with a nod of "you understand" and a nod back of "I've been there". I watched myself with a lilt in my step as I headed inside for another adventure in grocery shopping with my babies, beaming that they were mine. I wondered to myself, "where was that lilt today?" as I had watched my youngest baby drive away, on an adventure of her own, to a new home far across the country. I looked in the rear-view mirror and I saw a single tear trying to find its way across the smile lines, worry lines, lines of every emotion all etched upon my face. I looked. I really looked... and I saw myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment