2.13.2009

GNUUUU Update

SO! I spent quite a bit of today working on Alphonse. The paints arrived yesterday and to my delight they are the right color tones I wanted. Choosing paints in colors to coordinate with a sketch/ design was a process I haven't done before, as I usually just mix colors from a more limited pallet until I arrive at what I want. This time, though, I had to make sure the colors were lightfast and weather proof, so I was particular on which to choose. Now though there is mixing, it is much more simplified than usual.

In this picture I blocked in the main background color, a whitened tint of yellow oxide. ("OX"ide - how appropriate!)


Here I added the blue background of the horns, hooves and bottom of legs.


This is where I finished for today. I have much more detailing to do overall, but it's getting there! The picture below shows a close-up of the lady's face. (You can click on it for a larger view.)

2 comments: