10.17.2008

Today



I was thinking today, as I carried my laptop from my studio to the house, carefully still open so as not to put it to sleep and allow AOL Radio to keep playing. "Wow, it wasn't long ago I was carrying around a transistor AM radio and was limited to one station I actually liked." How far we have come from, not just from the dial up a few years ago to wireless, but now I can tune into any type of music I want to listen to and carry a computer around to play it.


Here is North Road Goose Crossing (or whatever I am going to call it) as of today. I want to add a bit more detail in the foreground, maybe to the leaves on the ground, and do some clean-up on it. I am a bit discouraged, I just can't, to my liking, capture the beauty of God's handiwork. I am but a copycat of His masterworks, and a lazy one at that. My eyes are going dim as I am aging (just ordered my first pair of prescription glasses), maybe the art will improve... maybe then I will dare bare my soul in my art.



2 comments:

  1. I notice how you leave out my BMW screaming down the hill at them to see if I can scare the crap out of them...then you dont have to worry about not capturing God's creation. Then you can call it "death of a goose" or "creation spoiled"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think you are talking about the picture in the post above that I created in Photoshop. It looks kinda like a squashed goose on an autumn day now that you mentioned this. Your tire marks are even there. I shall call it "Road Rage".

    Sheesh, Tim, you do know if you scare the crap out of the geese, it creates a slippery road hazzard.

    ReplyDelete