A Gallery of Pictorial Explanations - the art of Cheryl O'Connell. Paintings, drawings and graphic design.
Ron Paul
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Here is a digital painting I did of Ron Paul today. You can use it if you want, just please be sure to give a credit link back to me here! :) (click to zoom in)
I had a run-on thought this morning. I've been having a lot of those lately, and they usually end with a "huh". Here's mine today: We all live… in our tiny homes, in our tiny worlds bustling like teensy ants on our tiny planet… and if by chance our tiny paths cross from thousands of miles away, we recognize our tiny-ness and if we get a glimpse of what is beyond ourselves throughout the universe, we recognize our tiny-ness, if we dare imagine a God far bigger than any god man has created, we recognize more than just our tiny-ness... we become infinitesimal. So then most of us don't dare or care to think that deeply. Instead, we vainly try to build each other up, to become bigger people. Then we knock each other down to keep each other from getting too big. We build ourselves up to stand above the rest. Then, we loftily try to take a servants bow and put others first, but in our subservient humbling grow even larger in our own minds. Soon we are looming as gre...
18 x 24" acrylic ("Why is it I always seem to choose the wrong road?!") ---------------- I did this painting in a series of glazes. Below is the progression. I started with a monochrome underpainting using Paynes grey, black and white. Then I added a blue glaze where appropriate... a yellow glaze... and a red glaze... Lastly I added detail and a touch of green to the turtles as seen in the top image.
Comments
Post a Comment