Hi! I absolutely love this painting and will be showing it to my class during a presentation tackling the pros and cons with going against the flow. I was wondering: where can the original painting be found, in a gallery, or only here on your blog?) Thanks a lot!
I had a run-on thought this morning. I've been having a lot of those lately, and they usually end with a "huh". Here's mine today: We all live… in our tiny homes, in our tiny worlds bustling like teensy ants on our tiny planet… and if by chance our tiny paths cross from thousands of miles away, we recognize our tiny-ness and if we get a glimpse of what is beyond ourselves throughout the universe, we recognize our tiny-ness, if we dare imagine a God far bigger than any god man has created, we recognize more than just our tiny-ness... we become infinitesimal. So then most of us don't dare or care to think that deeply. Instead, we vainly try to build each other up, to become bigger people. Then we knock each other down to keep each other from getting too big. We build ourselves up to stand above the rest. Then, we loftily try to take a servants bow and put others first, but in our subservient humbling grow even larger in our own minds. Soon we are looming as gre...
18 x 24" acrylic ("Why is it I always seem to choose the wrong road?!") ---------------- I did this painting in a series of glazes. Below is the progression. I started with a monochrome underpainting using Paynes grey, black and white. Then I added a blue glaze where appropriate... a yellow glaze... and a red glaze... Lastly I added detail and a touch of green to the turtles as seen in the top image.
At times I feel that way...but then I wake up and drive the car back to the right side of the road. :-)
ReplyDeleteLOL! great way to start off a Monday - with a chuckle! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi! I absolutely love this painting and will be showing it to my class during a presentation tackling the pros and cons with going against the flow. I was wondering: where can the original painting be found, in a gallery, or only here on your blog?) Thanks a lot!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I still have the original painting myself. I have not tried to sell it, but it is available for purchase.
ReplyDelete